Should I keep those 2 on the insurance or should I take them off of the insurance????

Free Insurance Quote Comparison

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Jeffrey Johnson is a legal writer with a focus on personal injury. He has worked on personal injury and sovereign immunity litigation in addition to experience in family, estate, and criminal law. He earned a J.D. from the University of Baltimore and has worked in legal offices and non-profits in Maryland, Texas, and North Carolina. He has also earned an MFA in screenwriting from Chapman Univer...

Full Bio →

Written by

UPDATED: Feb 3, 2017

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about legal topics and insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything legal and insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by experts.

Insurance Question from Cumberland, RI

Asked on 02/03/2017

Should I keep those 2 on the insurance or should I take them off of the insurance???? I owned a 2003 Toyota Sienna CE, 91,000 miles on it and in fair condition. I went on to see what's the value of my van, it says "Trade-in Range" $1,009 - $1,628 & "Trade-in Value" $1,319 .I have Comprehensive & Collision on my Progressive insurance policy in R.I., I don't drive that much anymore and I drive 2 or 3 days per a month.

Answer given on February 06, 2017

Based on the information you have provided, it is probably not financially feasible to continue collision coverage on the Toyota. It is most likely the vehicle will be considered a total loss if there is an accident and you most likely have a deductible of $250 or more, you would not receive much money for the vehicle.Comprehensive insurance is much less costly and it includes glass breakage, vandalism and rodent damage. Even with a $50 or $100 deductible it is not expensive to continue this insurance. Review the cost of the comprehensive coverage and decide if you are concerned with the possible damages. Glass and vandalism would most likely not involve a total loss, so it may be ok to continue that insurance coverage. However, if you have financial difficulties you may want to drop that insurance coverage to save the money.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: These answers are for general information purposes only and are provided by the person answering and AS IS. It has not necessarily been reviewed by the management staff of nor is it binding any insurance agent, broker, or other insurance professional or any attorney or insurance company. Insurance laws, regulations and practices vary from state to state and insurance policies and practices differ from company to company, by type of policy, by state and locality and by type of insurance. Tiny variations in the facts, policy language or a detail not set forth in a question often can change the outcome or a professional's conclusion. Although has confirmed that the answer(s) was/were provided for the account of an experienced insurance professional, that professional may not be licensed in the state referred to in the question, and may not be experienced or up to date in the subject area. Unlike the answers provided here, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you consult a licensed insurance professional in your area or retain a licensed attorney listed on to represent you.

Free Insurance Quote Comparison

Enter your ZIP code below to compare cheap insurance rates.

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption