my car which was driven by my finance who doesn’t have license or insurance was assalted car stolen and involved in hit and run what happens to us now

Free Insurance Quote Comparison

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Jeffrey Johnson is a legal writer with a focus on personal injury. He has worked on personal injury and sovereign immunity litigation in addition to experience in family, estate, and criminal law. He earned a J.D. from the University of Baltimore and has worked in legal offices and non-profits in Maryland, Texas, and North Carolina. He has also earned an MFA in screenwriting from Chapman Univer...

Full Bio →

Written by

UPDATED: Feb 8, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about legal topics and insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything legal and insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by experts.

Insurance Question from Bratenahl, OH

Asked on 02/08/2012

my car which was driven by my finance who doesn’t have license or insurance was assalted car stolen and involved in hit and run what happens to us now NULL

Answer given on February 08, 2012

If you had insurance on your car, that included comprehensive coverage (fire, theft, vandalism)then you will be compensated for the damages to your car. Insurance follows the car, so even though your fiance did not have a license, there would still be insurance coverage provided by your policy. However, you need to confirm this with your insurance agent, since there are some insurance policies that do not cover you for drivers who are not listed on the policy.It is not in your best interests to allow an unlicensed driver to drive your car, since you are exposing yourself to a lawsuit or insurance claim if there is an accident involving your car. The hit and run damage to the other person or property will have to be worked out between your insurance company and theirs. However, you should cooperate with your adjuster to make the claim go more smoothly and quickly.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: These answers are for general information purposes only and are provided by the person answering and AS IS. It has not necessarily been reviewed by the management staff of nor is it binding any insurance agent, broker, or other insurance professional or any attorney or insurance company. Insurance laws, regulations and practices vary from state to state and insurance policies and practices differ from company to company, by type of policy, by state and locality and by type of insurance. Tiny variations in the facts, policy language or a detail not set forth in a question often can change the outcome or a professional's conclusion. Although has confirmed that the answer(s) was/were provided for the account of an experienced insurance professional, that professional may not be licensed in the state referred to in the question, and may not be experienced or up to date in the subject area. Unlike the answers provided here, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you consult a licensed insurance professional in your area or retain a licensed attorney listed on to represent you.

Free Insurance Quote Comparison

Enter your ZIP code below to compare cheap insurance rates.

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption