is there any type of policy that would cover my mtg payments if i was temporarily unable to work due to an injury,etc and had no disability insurance

Free Insurance Quote Comparison

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Jeffrey Johnson is a legal writer with a focus on personal injury. He has worked on personal injury and sovereign immunity litigation in addition to experience in family, estate, and criminal law. He earned a J.D. from the University of Baltimore and has worked in legal offices and non-profits in Maryland, Texas, and North Carolina. He has also earned an MFA in screenwriting from Chapman Univer...

Full Bio →

Written by

UPDATED: Sep 1, 2010

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about legal topics and insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything legal and insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by experts.

Insurance Question from Philadelphia, PA

Asked on 09/01/2010

is there any type of policy that would cover my mtg payments if i was temporarily unable to work due to an injury,etc and had no disability insurance NULL

Answer given on September 02, 2010

Not sure on the homeowners’ side with regards to policies and add-ons, but companies like AFLAC and many others offer indemnity plans for things like this.  


If you’ve seen the commercials for “helps pay your groceries, etc.” when you get injured and can’t work, you probably understand how these work, or at least know of their existence.


My company used to provide a lot of accident plans through Allstate, but there are others as well.  What you would be looking for specifically is a supplemental policy for short term disability.  The nice thing about AFLAC, and I’m sure some of the other plan providers, too, it that they offer it through your employer’s 125 plan, so it’s paid for pre-tax from your earnings.


Check with your HR department if you are employed.  They may already offer something like this.


Good luck!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: These answers are for general information purposes only and are provided by the person answering and AS IS. It has not necessarily been reviewed by the management staff of nor is it binding any insurance agent, broker, or other insurance professional or any attorney or insurance company. Insurance laws, regulations and practices vary from state to state and insurance policies and practices differ from company to company, by type of policy, by state and locality and by type of insurance. Tiny variations in the facts, policy language or a detail not set forth in a question often can change the outcome or a professional's conclusion. Although has confirmed that the answer(s) was/were provided for the account of an experienced insurance professional, that professional may not be licensed in the state referred to in the question, and may not be experienced or up to date in the subject area. Unlike the answers provided here, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you consult a licensed insurance professional in your area or retain a licensed attorney listed on to represent you.

Free Insurance Quote Comparison

Enter your ZIP code below to compare cheap insurance rates.

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption