Insurance of the party found at fault in arbitration doe not want to pay medical expenses

Free Insurance Quote Comparison

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Jeffrey Johnson is a legal writer with a focus on personal injury. He has worked on personal injury and sovereign immunity litigation in addition to experience in family, estate, and criminal law. He earned a J.D. from the University of Baltimore and has worked in legal offices and non-profits in Maryland, Texas, and North Carolina. He has also earned an MFA in screenwriting from Chapman Univer...

Full Bio →

Written by

UPDATED: Nov 18, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about legal topics and insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything legal and insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by experts.

Insurance Question from Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

Asked on 11/18/2011

Insurance of the party found at fault in arbitration doe not want to pay medical expenses My wife was crashed, the party who did it never recognize his fault. In arvitration he was find at fault so his iinsurance paid for car damages but the medical expenses and transportation expenses they did not paid. I contact them and their rep from the other insurance company say they will not paid.What is the process? Who should paid the insurance of the person at fault or the person at fault? How can I get the expenses paid?

Answer given on November 18, 2011

I am not sure why they are denying payment of the medical bills.  It might be best to consult the legal advice of an attorney to see if he can get the medical bills paid.  In the meantime, if you have med pay coverage, you can submit the bills to your own insurance company for payment up to your med pay limit.  If you have health insurance, you can submit the bill to be paid by them.  This is just a temporary fix until you can get reimbursed by the at-fault party.  Keep all copies of bills and receipts for medicines and the like.  Click here to find an attorney in your area.   

IMPORTANT NOTICE: These answers are for general information purposes only and are provided by the person answering and AS IS. It has not necessarily been reviewed by the management staff of nor is it binding any insurance agent, broker, or other insurance professional or any attorney or insurance company. Insurance laws, regulations and practices vary from state to state and insurance policies and practices differ from company to company, by type of policy, by state and locality and by type of insurance. Tiny variations in the facts, policy language or a detail not set forth in a question often can change the outcome or a professional's conclusion. Although has confirmed that the answer(s) was/were provided for the account of an experienced insurance professional, that professional may not be licensed in the state referred to in the question, and may not be experienced or up to date in the subject area. Unlike the answers provided here, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you consult a licensed insurance professional in your area or retain a licensed attorney listed on to represent you.

Free Insurance Quote Comparison

Enter your ZIP code below to compare cheap insurance rates.

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption