if your involved in a personal injury accident who pays your medical bills if you have state funded insurance? health insurance? home owers insurance

Free Insurance Quote Comparison

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Jeffrey Johnson is a legal writer with a focus on personal injury. He has worked on personal injury and sovereign immunity litigation in addition to experience in family, estate, and criminal law. He earned a J.D. from the University of Baltimore and has worked in legal offices and non-profits in Maryland, Texas, and North Carolina. He has also earned an MFA in screenwriting from Chapman Univer...

Full Bio →

Written by

UPDATED: Jul 13, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about legal topics and insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything legal and insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by experts.

Insurance Question from Cleveland, OH

Asked on 07/13/2011

if your involved in a personal injury accident who pays your medical bills if you have state funded insurance? health insurance? home owers insurance 25,000 med bills

Answer given on July 27, 2011

If you are injured in an automobile related incident, the insurance payments will come from the auto insurance policy. Homeowner’s insurance does not cover any injury involving an auto.If your insurance has medical payments coverage, that can be used to help pay the bills. If the accident was someone else’s fault, then their liability insurance will pay for your injuries, up to the policy limits. However, most insurance companies will wait for all bills to be submitted before they will pay anything. You may have to pay something out of pocket while waiting for everything to settle out. Also, if the other party does not have sufficient insurance, you may have coverage under your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. You need to talk to your agent and/or adjuster to see how this will work out for you.Your health insurance may also cover some of your doctor bills, depending upon the policy you have. You should contact your health insurance carrier to ask about that.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: These answers are for general information purposes only and are provided by the person answering and FreeAdvice.com AS IS. It has not necessarily been reviewed by the management staff of FreeAdvice.com nor is it binding any insurance agent, broker, or other insurance professional or any attorney or insurance company. Insurance laws, regulations and practices vary from state to state and insurance policies and practices differ from company to company, by type of policy, by state and locality and by type of insurance. Tiny variations in the facts, policy language or a detail not set forth in a question often can change the outcome or a professional's conclusion. Although FreeAdvice.com has confirmed that the answer(s) was/were provided for the account of an experienced insurance professional, that professional may not be licensed in the state referred to in the question, and may not be experienced or up to date in the subject area. Unlike the answers provided here, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you consult a licensed insurance professional in your area or retain a licensed attorney listed on AttorneyPages.com to represent you.

Free Insurance Quote Comparison

Enter your ZIP code below to compare cheap insurance rates.

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption