if my policy has limits of 382,200 and it is a cond. does each side of the cond. have 191100?

Free Insurance Quote Comparison

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Jeffrey Johnson is a legal writer with a focus on personal injury. He has worked on personal injury and sovereign immunity litigation in addition to experience in family, estate, and criminal law. He earned a J.D. from the University of Baltimore and has worked in legal offices and non-profits in Maryland, Texas, and North Carolina. He has also earned an MFA in screenwriting from Chapman Univer...

Full Bio →

Written by

UPDATED: Sep 2, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about legal topics and insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything legal and insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by experts.

Insurance Question from Van Wert, OH

Asked on 09/02/2012

if my policy has limits of 382,200 and it is a cond. does each side of the cond. have 191100? NULL

Answer given on September 03, 2012

Your question about condo insurance needs a little clarification. If the policy you are referring to is a condominium association policy then the policy limit applies to all units in the building. The association policy is usually written on a blanket basis so the limit applies to each unit as needed. If all units are damaged the policy will be divided among all units up to the policy limit (and less the deductible). It is up to the insurance company to determine the settlement of the limits of the policy. The association policy does not usually include personal property, unless some was purchased for the association such as business property.If you are referring to a unit owner’s policy, then the building coverage applies to your unit only. A unit owner’s policy includes personal property coverage for your unit and usually includes loss assessment coverage from $1500 to $50,000 depending upon what you selected for your insurance coverage.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: These answers are for general information purposes only and are provided by the person answering and FreeAdvice.com AS IS. It has not necessarily been reviewed by the management staff of FreeAdvice.com nor is it binding any insurance agent, broker, or other insurance professional or any attorney or insurance company. Insurance laws, regulations and practices vary from state to state and insurance policies and practices differ from company to company, by type of policy, by state and locality and by type of insurance. Tiny variations in the facts, policy language or a detail not set forth in a question often can change the outcome or a professional's conclusion. Although FreeAdvice.com has confirmed that the answer(s) was/were provided for the account of an experienced insurance professional, that professional may not be licensed in the state referred to in the question, and may not be experienced or up to date in the subject area. Unlike the answers provided here, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you consult a licensed insurance professional in your area or retain a licensed attorney listed on AttorneyPages.com to represent you.

Free Insurance Quote Comparison

Enter your ZIP code below to compare cheap insurance rates.

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption