I was involved in an accident in December of 2011 and the other driver failed to yield causing the accident. Her insurance took total responsibility.

Free Insurance Quote Comparison

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Jeffrey Johnson is a legal writer with a focus on personal injury. He has worked on personal injury and sovereign immunity litigation in addition to experience in family, estate, and criminal law. He earned a J.D. from the University of Baltimore and has worked in legal offices and non-profits in Maryland, Texas, and North Carolina. He has also earned an MFA in screenwriting from Chapman Univer...

Full Bio →

Written by

UPDATED: Apr 12, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about legal topics and insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything legal and insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by experts.

Insurance Question from Myrtle Creek, OR

Asked on 04/12/2012

I was involved in an accident in December of 2011 and the other driver failed to yield causing the accident. Her insurance took total responsibility. I am an online student and had to drop two of my classes due to injury and now I have to pay the school for those two dropped classes and was wondering if the insurance covers that?

Answer given on April 14, 2012

If you were involved in an auto accident that was not your fault and you suffered financial losses due to the accident, the other insurance company may be willing to compensate you for your loss. You will need to provide proof of the loss. A letter from the school may be helpful, unless you can provide the proof yourself. In addition, be sure to indicate the time you were injured coincides with the time you would have been attending the classes. You may also need to prove that the school would not refund your tuition or allow you to retake the course without charge.Most insurance claims include compensation for lost wages and other financial losses that are a result of the accident. Talk to the adjuster and see if they will consider this loss. If not, ask to speak to a supervisor and plead your case with them. Hopefully they will consider this a part of the accident and your loss.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: These answers are for general information purposes only and are provided by the person answering and FreeAdvice.com AS IS. It has not necessarily been reviewed by the management staff of FreeAdvice.com nor is it binding any insurance agent, broker, or other insurance professional or any attorney or insurance company. Insurance laws, regulations and practices vary from state to state and insurance policies and practices differ from company to company, by type of policy, by state and locality and by type of insurance. Tiny variations in the facts, policy language or a detail not set forth in a question often can change the outcome or a professional's conclusion. Although FreeAdvice.com has confirmed that the answer(s) was/were provided for the account of an experienced insurance professional, that professional may not be licensed in the state referred to in the question, and may not be experienced or up to date in the subject area. Unlike the answers provided here, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you consult a licensed insurance professional in your area or retain a licensed attorney listed on AttorneyPages.com to represent you.

Free Insurance Quote Comparison

Enter your ZIP code below to compare cheap insurance rates.

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption