I was involved in a accident going to work, I missed work due to the fact I was rushed to the hospital due to injuries what are my rights?

Free Insurance Quote Comparison

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Jeffrey Johnson is a legal writer with a focus on personal injury. He has worked on personal injury and sovereign immunity litigation in addition to experience in family, estate, and criminal law. He earned a J.D. from the University of Baltimore and has worked in legal offices and non-profits in Maryland, Texas, and North Carolina. He has also earned an MFA in screenwriting from Chapman Univer...

Full Bio →

Written by

UPDATED: Apr 17, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about legal topics and insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything legal and insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by experts.

Insurance Question from Kokomo, IN

Asked on 04/17/2012

I was involved in a accident going to work, I missed work due to the fact I was rushed to the hospital due to injuries what are my rights? The driver of the car stated that it was her fault she has full courage with Nationwide Insurance ... the Claim Officer has called me a couple of times but I dIdn't answer due to the fact I wanted to talk to Lawyer before talking to her in regards to what steps to take in regards to this matter at hand ... please note due to the X-Rays that were taken on 4/13/2012 the tests states : Arm Confusion , Cervical sprain, Lumbar sprain . The Doctor stated that I'll be experiencing and or going through a lot of excruciating pain due to this accident which I have been. What should I do ?

Answer given on April 17, 2012

Since you won’t talk to the adjuster, it will be difficult for the insurance company for the other driver to settle this claim. If you have obtained an attorney, then let the attorney handle this claim.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: These answers are for general information purposes only and are provided by the person answering and FreeAdvice.com AS IS. It has not necessarily been reviewed by the management staff of FreeAdvice.com nor is it binding any insurance agent, broker, or other insurance professional or any attorney or insurance company. Insurance laws, regulations and practices vary from state to state and insurance policies and practices differ from company to company, by type of policy, by state and locality and by type of insurance. Tiny variations in the facts, policy language or a detail not set forth in a question often can change the outcome or a professional's conclusion. Although FreeAdvice.com has confirmed that the answer(s) was/were provided for the account of an experienced insurance professional, that professional may not be licensed in the state referred to in the question, and may not be experienced or up to date in the subject area. Unlike the answers provided here, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you consult a licensed insurance professional in your area or retain a licensed attorney listed on AttorneyPages.com to represent you.

Free Insurance Quote Comparison

Enter your ZIP code below to compare cheap insurance rates.

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption