i have a loss of use endorsement on my policy for carrental and did not have to use it.Should i get reinbursed for the days my vehical was in the shop

Free Insurance Quote Comparison

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Jeffrey Johnson is a legal writer with a focus on personal injury. He has worked on personal injury and sovereign immunity litigation in addition to experience in family, estate, and criminal law. He earned a J.D. from the University of Baltimore and has worked in legal offices and non-profits in Maryland, Texas, and North Carolina. He has also earned an MFA in screenwriting from Chapman Univer...

Full Bio →

Written by

UPDATED: Feb 19, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about legal topics and insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything legal and insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by experts.

Insurance Question from Memphis, TN

Asked on 02/19/2013

i have a loss of use endorsement on my policy for carrental and did not have to use it.Should i get reinbursed for the days my vehical was in the shop loss of use reinbursment

Answer given on February 19, 2013

If you have an auto accident your collision coverage will pay for the repairs less your deductible. The adjuster will work with you to make the estimate and work with the body shop to make the repairs. You choose the body shop.If you have loss of use coverage under the policy, this will reimburse you for a rental car while your car is out of service, or being repaired. There is usually a daily rate for the rental and sometimes a total amount limit for this coverage. You must actually rent a replacement vehicle to recover any payment from this coverage. Just because the car was out of service, and you had another way to get around, the insurance company will not pay you under this coverage. It is a reimbursement coverage. If you didn’t spend any money, there is no reimbursement to be made.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: These answers are for general information purposes only and are provided by the person answering and FreeAdvice.com AS IS. It has not necessarily been reviewed by the management staff of FreeAdvice.com nor is it binding any insurance agent, broker, or other insurance professional or any attorney or insurance company. Insurance laws, regulations and practices vary from state to state and insurance policies and practices differ from company to company, by type of policy, by state and locality and by type of insurance. Tiny variations in the facts, policy language or a detail not set forth in a question often can change the outcome or a professional's conclusion. Although FreeAdvice.com has confirmed that the answer(s) was/were provided for the account of an experienced insurance professional, that professional may not be licensed in the state referred to in the question, and may not be experienced or up to date in the subject area. Unlike the answers provided here, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you consult a licensed insurance professional in your area or retain a licensed attorney listed on AttorneyPages.com to represent you.

Free Insurance Quote Comparison

Enter your ZIP code below to compare cheap insurance rates.

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption