I have a BMW 2015 7 Series 740Li RWD 4D 6-3.0 L Turbocharge If i need a rental what would be the equivalent rental car would it be a full standard or compact

Free Insurance Quote Comparison

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Jeffrey Johnson is a legal writer with a focus on personal injury. He has worked on personal injury and sovereign immunity litigation in addition to experience in family, estate, and criminal law. He earned a J.D. from the University of Baltimore and has worked in legal offices and non-profits in Maryland, Texas, and North Carolina. He has also earned an MFA in screenwriting from Chapman Univer...

Full Bio →

Written by

UPDATED: Dec 21, 2017

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about legal topics and insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything legal and insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by experts.

Insurance Question from Bellaire, TX

Asked on 12/21/2017

I have a BMW 2015 7 Series 740Li RWD 4D 6-3.0 L Turbocharge If i need a rental what would be the equivalent rental car would it be a full standard or compact if i wanted to rent a car i need to know what car would be the equivalent car with out over paying for a rental car

Answer given on December 23, 2017

If you are renting a car for personal use because you are traveling for pleasure, you will have to ask the rental car company about the cost of an equivalent car.

If you are referring to renting a car because of a covered loss to your car, the insurance company is not required to provide you with an equivalent car.  They are only required to provide you with a rental car for use while your car is being repaired.  This applies to both your insurance company and the insurance company for another party who may have caused an accident and damaged your car.  If you want to rent an equivalent car to what you have been driving, then you will have to pay for the difference in cost between the car being provided by the insurance company and what you choose to rent.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: These answers are for general information purposes only and are provided by the person answering and FreeAdvice.com AS IS. It has not necessarily been reviewed by the management staff of FreeAdvice.com nor is it binding any insurance agent, broker, or other insurance professional or any attorney or insurance company. Insurance laws, regulations and practices vary from state to state and insurance policies and practices differ from company to company, by type of policy, by state and locality and by type of insurance. Tiny variations in the facts, policy language or a detail not set forth in a question often can change the outcome or a professional's conclusion. Although FreeAdvice.com has confirmed that the answer(s) was/were provided for the account of an experienced insurance professional, that professional may not be licensed in the state referred to in the question, and may not be experienced or up to date in the subject area. Unlike the answers provided here, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you consult a licensed insurance professional in your area or retain a licensed attorney listed on AttorneyPages.com to represent you.

Free Insurance Quote Comparison

Enter your ZIP code below to compare cheap insurance rates.

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption