I had workers comp injury and insurance co stated I was covered for life and now they are trying to take meds away. What can I do? I have severe pain

Free Insurance Quote Comparison

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Jeffrey Johnson is a legal writer with a focus on personal injury. He has worked on personal injury and sovereign immunity litigation in addition to experience in family, estate, and criminal law. He earned a J.D. from the University of Baltimore and has worked in legal offices and non-profits in Maryland, Texas, and North Carolina. He has also earned an MFA in screenwriting from Chapman Univer...

Full Bio →

Written by

UPDATED: Nov 9, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about legal topics and insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything legal and insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by experts.

Insurance Question from Sterling City, TX

Asked on 11/09/2011

I had workers comp injury and insurance co stated I was covered for life and now they are trying to take meds away. What can I do? I have severe pain I broke my neck in 2000 and later had herniated disc and comp would not approve myleogram therefore damage was done and I now am on disability and now comp and insurance co is taking the pain meds away and I can't function. I feel like my life has been takin away as now I can't cope with pain and can't afford the meds. Can they be allowed to do this? I didn't ask to be like this and didn't know that although they said I was covered for life I would have to fight for everything I need.

Answer given on November 14, 2011

You can call your  Office of Injured Employee Counsel for the State of Texas. You may request assistance from the Office of Injured Employee Counsel by calling 1-866-EZE-OIEC (1-866-393-6432). Or, click the link above to be taken to their website for more information.  They should be able to advisel you on how to file an appeal and what to do to get your pain meds paid.  Laws for worker’s compensation for each state is different.  But they should be able to direct you on what to do. If you still do not have any luck, you may want to talk with a workers compensation attorney who can advise you how to proceed.  To speak with an attorney in your area, click here.   


IMPORTANT NOTICE: These answers are for general information purposes only and are provided by the person answering and FreeAdvice.com AS IS. It has not necessarily been reviewed by the management staff of FreeAdvice.com nor is it binding any insurance agent, broker, or other insurance professional or any attorney or insurance company. Insurance laws, regulations and practices vary from state to state and insurance policies and practices differ from company to company, by type of policy, by state and locality and by type of insurance. Tiny variations in the facts, policy language or a detail not set forth in a question often can change the outcome or a professional's conclusion. Although FreeAdvice.com has confirmed that the answer(s) was/were provided for the account of an experienced insurance professional, that professional may not be licensed in the state referred to in the question, and may not be experienced or up to date in the subject area. Unlike the answers provided here, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you consult a licensed insurance professional in your area or retain a licensed attorney listed on AttorneyPages.com to represent you.

Free Insurance Quote Comparison

Enter your ZIP code below to compare cheap insurance rates.

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption