Homowner liability insurance

Free Insurance Quote Comparison

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Jeffrey Johnson is a legal writer with a focus on personal injury. He has worked on personal injury and sovereign immunity litigation in addition to experience in family, estate, and criminal law. He earned a J.D. from the University of Baltimore and has worked in legal offices and non-profits in Maryland, Texas, and North Carolina. He has also earned an MFA in screenwriting from Chapman Univer...

Full Bio →

Written by

UPDATED: May 30, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about legal topics and insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything legal and insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by experts.

Insurance Question from Sandy Hook, CT

Asked on 05/30/2012

Homowner liability insurance I am looking for a howmowner liability insurance policy only. The property is currently being held by the bank covers only their interest (collateral). I am looking for a policy which will covr my personal liability only. dow anything like that exists? Unfortuantely between weather and a few unrelated incidents, I cannot get the insurance for the house and at this time the bank is doing that. As such, this is not my main concern right now but am inteested in having protection for visitors etc who come to the house.

Answer given on June 11, 2012

When there is a history of homeowner policy losses it makes it difficult to find a policy to protect you and the bank. Since the bank has placed force placed insurance on the home to cover their interests, you will need protection or liability losses as well as damages to your personal property.If the losses you have previously suffered were all damages to the home itself, you may be able to find an insurance company willing to write insurance on your personal property and liability. Usually, this would be a renters policy, but sometimes an insurance company will give a more preferred rate under a condominium policy. If this is not available, you may have to seek out a specialty insurance company. Their rates can be higher, but they can often write a custom-made policy to fit your needs. Find an independent insurance agent in your area and see if they have an insurance company available.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: These answers are for general information purposes only and are provided by the person answering and FreeAdvice.com AS IS. It has not necessarily been reviewed by the management staff of FreeAdvice.com nor is it binding any insurance agent, broker, or other insurance professional or any attorney or insurance company. Insurance laws, regulations and practices vary from state to state and insurance policies and practices differ from company to company, by type of policy, by state and locality and by type of insurance. Tiny variations in the facts, policy language or a detail not set forth in a question often can change the outcome or a professional's conclusion. Although FreeAdvice.com has confirmed that the answer(s) was/were provided for the account of an experienced insurance professional, that professional may not be licensed in the state referred to in the question, and may not be experienced or up to date in the subject area. Unlike the answers provided here, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you consult a licensed insurance professional in your area or retain a licensed attorney listed on AttorneyPages.com to represent you.

Free Insurance Quote Comparison

Enter your ZIP code below to compare cheap insurance rates.

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption