car was parked and got it, woke up to find the car rear side damaged , does full coverage insurance covers damages

Free Insurance Quote Comparison

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Jeffrey Johnson is a legal writer with a focus on personal injury. He has worked on personal injury and sovereign immunity litigation in addition to experience in family, estate, and criminal law. He earned a J.D. from the University of Baltimore and has worked in legal offices and non-profits in Maryland, Texas, and North Carolina. He has also earned an MFA in screenwriting from Chapman Univer...

Full Bio →

Written by

UPDATED: Sep 6, 2019

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about legal topics and insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything legal and insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by experts.

Insurance Question from North Hollywood, CA

Asked on 09/06/2019

car was parked and got it, woke up to find the car rear side damaged , does full coverage insurance covers damages car was parked and got hit, woke up to find the car rear side damaged , does full coverage insurance covers damages. can u explain how the process to fix car and engine overheating, and muffler damaged. however the car starts.

Answer given on September 26, 2019

If your parked car was damaged, and you have full coverage insurance on the car, you do have insurance for the repairs to the car.  Your deductible for collision coverage will apply, but you will not be charged or have your insurance rates affected due to the incident.

Call your insurance company or agent and report the claim. Some insurance companies have special agreements with repair shops and you can take the car to them for the estimate rather than waiting for the insurance company to send someone. You do not have to use that repair shop, but many insurance companies will provide a lifetime guarantee on the repairs if you use their preferred repair shop.

You should also report the incident to the police, in case they are able to find the other driver so you could get your deductible reimbursed.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: These answers are for general information purposes only and are provided by the person answering and AS IS. It has not necessarily been reviewed by the management staff of nor is it binding any insurance agent, broker, or other insurance professional or any attorney or insurance company. Insurance laws, regulations and practices vary from state to state and insurance policies and practices differ from company to company, by type of policy, by state and locality and by type of insurance. Tiny variations in the facts, policy language or a detail not set forth in a question often can change the outcome or a professional's conclusion. Although has confirmed that the answer(s) was/were provided for the account of an experienced insurance professional, that professional may not be licensed in the state referred to in the question, and may not be experienced or up to date in the subject area. Unlike the answers provided here, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you consult a licensed insurance professional in your area or retain a licensed attorney listed on to represent you.

Free Insurance Quote Comparison

Enter your ZIP code below to compare cheap insurance rates.

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption