Business insurance options

Free Insurance Quote Comparison

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Jeffrey Johnson is a legal writer with a focus on personal injury. He has worked on personal injury and sovereign immunity litigation in addition to experience in family, estate, and criminal law. He earned a J.D. from the University of Baltimore and has worked in legal offices and non-profits in Maryland, Texas, and North Carolina. He has also earned an MFA in screenwriting from Chapman Univer...

Full Bio →

Written by

UPDATED: Apr 3, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about legal topics and insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything legal and insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by experts.

Insurance Question from Deer Park, IL

Asked on 04/03/2012

Business insurance options I just rented a small office as a ltd entity to conduct counseling services out of. I have malpractice insurance but was told I need coverage for personal items and in case a window o something gets broken. I was looking at general liability insurance but that only covers if I get sued for someone falling in the hallway or common area. What options do I have that are not outrageous with cost.

Answer given on April 04, 2012

If you are renting an office for business purposes you can get a Business Owners Policy (BOP) from most of the insurance companies in your area. Often your landlord will require you to provide proof of liability insurance and will want to be named as an additional insured on the policy. This should not be a problem for the insurance company.The policy premium is based upon the location, amount of business property you choose to insure and the liability coverage you purchase. This is a package type of policy so you will need to insure your property and liability. You can also select different deductibles to help keep the costs down. The deductible applies to your business property and not usually to the liability portion. The minimum premiums for these policies vary from around $250 to $500 a year. Check with a few companies before deciding upon which is the better company for your needs.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: These answers are for general information purposes only and are provided by the person answering and AS IS. It has not necessarily been reviewed by the management staff of nor is it binding any insurance agent, broker, or other insurance professional or any attorney or insurance company. Insurance laws, regulations and practices vary from state to state and insurance policies and practices differ from company to company, by type of policy, by state and locality and by type of insurance. Tiny variations in the facts, policy language or a detail not set forth in a question often can change the outcome or a professional's conclusion. Although has confirmed that the answer(s) was/were provided for the account of an experienced insurance professional, that professional may not be licensed in the state referred to in the question, and may not be experienced or up to date in the subject area. Unlike the answers provided here, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you consult a licensed insurance professional in your area or retain a licensed attorney listed on to represent you.

Free Insurance Quote Comparison

Enter your ZIP code below to compare cheap insurance rates.

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption