Additional Property Coverage
Free Insurance Quote Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Jul 16, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.
We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about legal topics and insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything legal and insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by experts.
Some insurance policies also provide additional property damage coverage when a loss occurs as the result of a covered peril. Covered items include:
1. reasonable temporary repairs
2. necessary to protect the property against further damage
3. reasonable cost of removing damaged property and debris
4. expenses of removing property and storing it for up to thirty days
5.reimbursement for fire department service charges
6. reimbursement of up to $500 for loss of credit cards, check forgeries or acceptance in good faith of counterfeit money.
Most renters’ insurance policies do not have a property damage component. Some renter’s insurance policies, however, do provide for loss or damage to the premises caused by the renter.