3 car accident insurance

Free Insurance Quote Comparison

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Jeffrey Johnson is a legal writer with a focus on personal injury. He has worked on personal injury and sovereign immunity litigation in addition to experience in family, estate, and criminal law. He earned a J.D. from the University of Baltimore and has worked in legal offices and non-profits in Maryland, Texas, and North Carolina. He has also earned an MFA in screenwriting from Chapman Univer...

Full Bio →

Written by

UPDATED: Nov 7, 2010

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about legal topics and insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything legal and insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by experts.

Insurance Question from Knoxville, TN

Asked on 11/07/2010

3 car accident insurance I hit the front car rear and my car front got damaged badly than my front car rear. At the same time 3rd car hit my rear causing atleast 15-25% damage of my cars front part.My insur liability takes car of front cars repair.3rd car insuran guy comes inspects my vehicle and estimates (front $4500 and rear 600 ) as totaled and have put a salvage sticker on my car and after they say that 3rd car hit is so negligible that it can cause any front damage and say they pay only for my rear part damage.It is disappointing for me as they do not want to pay for front dam and still salvage my car.any ideas?

Answer given on November 12, 2010

I’m not sure of the full situation, but it sounds like there is one insurance company paying for the rear end damage to your car, since their insured rear ended you.  However, if you have collision insurance on your car, you should report the damage to your insurance company and they may pay for the front end damage.  The total damages may still make your car a total loss, and thus a salvage title, but you may be able to collect more insurance money for the damages.

You need to discuss the overall loss and damages with the adjuster(s).  If your insurance company is handling the loss and trying to get money back from the company that insured the person who rear ended you, then you need to work out the rest of the damage with your insurance company.  You may also see if your agent can help you in determining how to get the front end damage paid for. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: These answers are for general information purposes only and are provided by the person answering and FreeAdvice.com AS IS. It has not necessarily been reviewed by the management staff of FreeAdvice.com nor is it binding any insurance agent, broker, or other insurance professional or any attorney or insurance company. Insurance laws, regulations and practices vary from state to state and insurance policies and practices differ from company to company, by type of policy, by state and locality and by type of insurance. Tiny variations in the facts, policy language or a detail not set forth in a question often can change the outcome or a professional's conclusion. Although FreeAdvice.com has confirmed that the answer(s) was/were provided for the account of an experienced insurance professional, that professional may not be licensed in the state referred to in the question, and may not be experienced or up to date in the subject area. Unlike the answers provided here, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you consult a licensed insurance professional in your area or retain a licensed attorney listed on AttorneyPages.com to represent you.

Free Insurance Quote Comparison

Enter your ZIP code below to compare cheap insurance rates.

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption