• Insurance Carrier: American Freedom
  • State: IL

Consumer Complaint:

My daughter was involved in a car accident in 2004. At the time, she was insured by American Freedom insurance. My daughter is trying to get her license back, but there is a stop on it due to American Freedom’s refusal to issue a letter of coverage. I have paid a lawyer to rectify this matter. He says that this was taken care of, and removed from the Secretary of State database. It is not. Please help us in any way you can. Thank you.

Insurance Expert Answer:

Go back to the lawyer, tell him or her it was not, and demand that s/he do the job s/he claimed was done. I don't know about your state, but in most states the DMV is awful.