• Insurance Carrier: Blue Cross Blue Shield Of Ms
  • State: NC

Consumer Complaint:

My husband’s ex-wife continually presents her old Blue Cross insurance that she had through him to obtain medical services and not pay. Frankly, we are tired of getting her medical bills because she refuses to pay them and continues to present his insurance as active for her. Is there any way to make her turn in the insurance card to prevent the continued fraud?

Insurance Expert Answer:

This is about an ex-wife committing fraud against her health care providers. As such it is possibly a police matter, that the providers could seek to have prosecuted, but it is not a complaint about an insurance company's claims handling procedures. You may want to ask Anthem to issue new cards with new numbers so the old card would be rejected.