If the wrong address is on my paperwork regarding drug charges, can the one that lists the incorrect address be dismissed?

I have 2 distribution charges of meth; 1 of them has the correct address and the other does not.

Asked on May 7, 2017 under Criminal Law, South Carolina


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

A clerical error such as this would not give rise to a dismissal. The court can see that this adminstrative mistake is corrected. If the wrong address appeared on a search warrrant, for example, then you maybe you would have a claim.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.