If I work on a construction site, what re my rights regarding an on the job injury?

My boss slipped and cut my right hand; 2 fingers were badly cut and 1 has lost all feeling and dosen’t straighten out or bend that much. I was paid week and half. Being my right hand and im right handed. It’s making it difficult to do many things. What can I do to get compensated and make up for all side jobs that I’ve lost?

Asked on December 10, 2012 under Personal Injury, Florida


eric redman / Redman Ludwig, P.C.

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

you are very likely limited to workers compensation benefits.  be sure it is turned in.  it should pay all medical bills and if you have permanent impairment you can get extra money for that.  also- if you cannot work you get weekly benefits while you are injured

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.