How can we report someone who is working illegally on a tourist visa?

My husband’s ex-wife is in the US on a tourist visa and is working illegally for cash. At the same time she is getting a large amount of alimony because she cannot legally work. What information do we need to report her to immigration?

Asked on August 26, 2016 under Immigration Law, Minnesota


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

You can report her to immigration but it is not likely to result in much as they have a lot of such reports and do not go after everyone.  However, if you have evidence and her information, you can submit a report to USCIS.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.