Will the at fault persons insurance company eventually pay for my car damages?

Had an accident on February 7 2019 other driver at
fault was not listed on policy holders insurance.
Faulty partys insurance is First Acceptance and I
have been assigned two different adjusters who now
say their not adjusters ?? Ask me move my car to
another tow yard, never called me back like this.
Name of appraiser has changed and become
unknown again. We only had minor injuries and just
need them to pay on the vehicle

Asked on February 15, 2019 under Accident Law, Georgia


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 1 year ago | Contributor

The at-fault driver's insurance may not pay, if this was a driver who should have been listed (e.g. a household member) but was not, since insurance is a contract, and insurers don't have to provide any coverage beyond what they were paid to provide--e.g. they don't have to cover other drivers who should have been on the policy but were not.
You could still sue the at-fault driver him/herself and also the car's owner (who is liable for what those persons he/she allows to drive his/her car do) for any costs, losses, or damages you suffered.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.