Can or will a state come into the state of my residency and arrest me for not going to court on a DUI?

Asked on November 11, 2013 under Criminal Law, Kentucky


Maury Beaulier /

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

The State where you failed to appear would issue a warrant for your arrest.  If you are ever stopped for any reason including a traffic icket, the warrant would come up and you would be taken into custody pending a determination by the issuing state whether they would extradite on the charge.  

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.