Will my fiance be able to parole out to my apartment and live with me?

I have 2 children (a girl 11, a boy 9) who live with me most of the time. I will be taking a chaperone program before he gets out. My fiance is currently in a Sexual Offender Treatment Program in the Prison and is doing well. Providing the apartment complex approves him on my lease, do you see his Parole Officer or the Parole Board preventing him from living with me and my children? He was not banned from being with children prior to being incarcerated while on Probation.

Asked on July 12, 2013 under Criminal Law, New Hampshire


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Whether or not your boyfriend will be allowed to reside with you and your children assuming he gets placed upon parole will be premised upon what is stated in the parole recommendation report and the judgment of the assigned parole officer. You are asking me to speculate on what may happen in the future where I cannot simply give you an answer.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.