Wife cheated and got pregnant

My wife cheated on me and got pregnant.
The child is not mine but am willing to
take responsibility, we have reconciled.
Does the other man have any rights?
Visitation rights? I dont really want to
have to deal with those types of things.
Would rather not even hear his name ever
again. My wife is due in 3 months

Asked on March 15, 2018 under Family Law, Massachusetts


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 2 years ago | Contributor

If the biological Father brings a proceeding to determine if he is the Father or if it is acknowledged in some other way then yes, he will be able to obtain visitation and he will have to pay child support as well.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.