Who is responsible for repairs?

A creek runs behind the house. When it rains, the creek
rushes and it has been wearing away the wall of dirt
behind the house.

Asked on November 20, 2018 under Real Estate Law, Pennsylvania


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 2 years ago | Contributor

Your local (city, borough,) government is responsible for taking measures to prevent the creek from washing away the dirt and eventually flooding your home. Contact your representative on the city / borough council. If unsuccessful, contact the city / borough attorney. If unsuccessful, contact your representative in the state legislature.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.