What can I do if I was rear-ended by a food truck while stopped at red light but was given inaccurate information by the at fault driver?

Driver provided false insurance info that they are not with anymore. I contacted owner of the company to provide me with the food truck insurance info, he told me he look into it and will call me back. I did not hear from him, so I called him back but he is not answering any more I had to leave massages. What is my legal action or next step if he is not providing truck insurance info. I am filing SR-1 accident report for the DMV.

Asked on September 12, 2015 under Accident Law, California


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

If you have uninsured motorist coverage, you can file an uninsured motorist claim with your auto insurance carrier.  The amount your auto insurance carrier pays on your claim, it will seek to recover in a lawsuit against the food truck company.
If you don't have uninsured motorist coverage, your recourse is to sue the food truck company for negligence.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.