If while viewing a house with a rea lestate agent, my dad feel down steps without a handrail or lighting and broke his hip does he have a case?

Asked on September 2, 2012 under Personal Injury, Michigan


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Your Dad should speak with a personal injury attorney in the area as soon as he can.  He was not a trespasser on he property and if the missing hand rail was a violation of the building code then he could have a case.  He surely hs the injury.  It is the negligence issue that matters.  The consultation should be free.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.