where do i file small claims case?

I have a very small business. I help large party-companies get their workers. They get for 3-hour

Asked on May 7, 2017 under Business Law, Florida


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

You file in the county in which the business is located: small claims courts are courts of limited jurisdiction and generally only have jurisdiction (or legal power) over defendants located within their county. Remember that if the business is an LLC or corporation, you can only sue the LLC or corporation, not the owner(s) directly; if it's non-LLC or non-corporation, you sue the owners.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.