Is there somewhere I can read the court cases involving traffic accidents and what the final ruling or judgment was in different cases?

Basically, where can I find the dispositions (settlements) on traffic related cases?

Asked on October 29, 2013 under Accident Law, Texas


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

If you know the last name of the plaintiff or defendant in a case, you can look for that name in the court's computer to obtain the cass number.  Once you have the case number, you can give that case number to the court clerk and ask to see the file.  You can't remove the file from the court, but can read it and ask the court clerk to photocopy any pages or all pages for you.

Another alternative is to go to the law library and look under the subject auto accidents in the index of Pleading and Practice.  This will give  you information on auto accident cases. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.