When could I start receiving benefits for my injury?

I slipped and fell on my job but after that i quit my job. Now due to that injury, I have not been able to go back to work, and I even have a hard time cleaning my house. My doctor sent me back to work with limitations, and it has been hard getting a job like that. I have a case with a lawyer regarding this matter but being my first time I am not sure if i like the service they are providing me with. When I call with a question they tell me they will call me back with an answer and they don’t call me and I have to call them back. I have been injured since 2006 and i have not received any benefits.

Asked on June 25, 2009 under Employment Labor Law, California


BP, Member, Connecticut Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

It's difficult to answer your questions about benefits without knowing more about your injuries and whether they qualify as a disability.  Your present attorney should answer your questions in a reasonable amount of time.  However, if you are unhappy with their representation, you should absolutely seek the counsel of another attorney who can help resolve the matter. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.