Whats the next step to take after your bond has been denied at a hearing?

Asked on August 13, 2012 under Criminal Law, South Carolina


Kevin Bessant / Law Office of Kevin Bessant & Associates

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If you bond has been denied at your arraignment, then you can always file an emergency bond motion or writ of habeaus, or you can attempt to request bond and or a bond reduction at the pre-trial or preliminary examination. You can actually request a bond reduction or bond hearing at any stage of a criminal process so long as the Judge will allow it.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.