What will happen to me since i stole from walmart (wifi adapter 50$) and ran off?

im 17, in Ok.. it was me and 3 others and my cousin told the police where i live and my name, its been a week and not a knock on my door yet.. my cousin told me we have court dates, but i dont belive him cause they can send me a letter theirselves… this would be my second time stealing since i was 12 or 13 i stole a game and had to do community service… i was recently caught by the police and they did a background check and everything and my friend said that he heard the officer say i have larceny…… What will happen to me? Will i go to jail and how long? I need advice and help

Asked on June 13, 2009 under Criminal Law, Oklahoma


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Yeah and you could be charged as an adult.  You stole from Walmart and no one has arrested you? Are you sure? It doesn't sound right.  You may wish to check if there is a warrant for your arrest.


Consult with a criminal defense attorney. Try www.attorneypages.com or legal aid or public defender's office.


More importantly, why do you feel the need to steal? Nothing good comes from (see how you are sweating?).  Stop it now before such a stupid crime can ruin your life, your career, your education, etc.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.