What type of lawyer do I need to seek regarding a compliant for falsifying a pharmacy technician application?

I recently recieved a letter from the attorney general for a complaint issued against me. The complaint was issued for falsifying a pharmacy technician application. What type of attorney do I need to represent me?

Asked on September 15, 2011 under Criminal Law, Indiana


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

If it's an actual criminal complaint (which not a given; the attorney general deals with non-criminal matters, too), then you need a criminal defense attorney and you should *not* speak to anyone, nor give any written statements or answer written questions, about the matter unless and until you speak with your attorney. (Remember: you have a Constitutional right to not self-incriminate, often called the "right to silence.")

If it's not a criminal complaint, but rather has to do with your eligibility for some license or certification, you may be better served by an attorney with what's called "administrative law" experience--i.e. a lawyer who's used to dealing with licenses, administrative agencies, etc.

Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.