What type of lawyer do I look for regarding a case against a county correctional facility in which my daughter with raped and beaten while in their care for 7 days?

Asked on October 1, 2015 under Personal Injury, Texas


B.H.F., Member, Texas State Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

Lawsuits against governmental entities are a bit tricky because you have to you show have to overcome the protection they get via the state immunity statutes.  Even though tricky, it's not impossible.  But you do need a good attorney that has experience in handling lawsuits against governmental entities.  Don't look for attorneys that handle just personal injuries claims... but ones that also understand personal injury claims against government entities.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.