What type of lawyer do I need to litigate against a rental car company for fraudulent charges on my credit card?

Asked on August 30, 2015 under Business Law, Pennsylvania


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

You need a litigator an attorney who specializes in filing lawsuits and going to court. In the meantime, though
1 Report these charges as fraudulent to your credit card issue--they should investigate and, if your claims that the charges are unjustified bear out, return your money.
2 Have your card issuer close this account/card and give you a new one with a new number, so the rental compnay or a criminal employee at the company can't keep trying to charge you.
3 Report the fraudulent charges to the police, too.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.