How can someone with no legal status re-renter and stay in the US?

My mom left to Mexico about 5 months ago to fix a family problem relating to a family owned land. She is now ready to come back but has no legal status in this country. Her entire family is here, including her children and grandchildren.She is desperate and wants to come home. Does she have any sort of choices/ chances to be able to come back legally?

Asked on August 20, 2012 under Immigration Law, California


Harun Kazmi / Kazmi and Sakata Attorneys at Law

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Hello. I would need more information: What was her status when she left? How long was she here? Has anyone in the US ever filed any immigration applications for her before? What type of work does she do? Thanks.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.