What should I write in Green Card application if I overstayed my visa?

I came in states legally, then I got tourist visa and overstayed it for 7 months. Now I`m married with a US citizen and applying for green card. In the application form have to present my current status. What should I write, that I overstayed?

Asked on November 13, 2012 under Immigration Law, Maryland


Harun Kazmi / Kazmi and Sakata Attorneys at Law

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Hello. You have answered your own question...."B2 Overstay". Best of Luck on your adjustment of status. You must be careful on cases when you overstay.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.