What should I do if I realize I was used for marriage in order for my husband to obtain a green card?

I worked for his company for 2 years and never got paid. He kept stringing me along by making small payments like my car payment and kept making ultimately empty promises. All of the

Asked on May 13, 2016 under Immigration Law, California


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

YOu can write a letter to USCIS and explain the situation and the perpetrated fraud if you believe that is what it was and have sufficient documentation to prove it.  It does not mean, however, that USCIS will necessarily jump on it to deprive him of the green card.  You have to have solid evidence.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.