What proof can I show the court that will show I’m paying the overdue traffic ticket that resulted in my license suspension?

I recently moved from California to Oregon. While up here, an unpaid traffic
ticket resulted in my license being suspended. Unfortunately I discovered this
while in an auto accident, so I have a court date for that coming up.
I just paid the amount due on the ticket via the California court’s online service.
My question is what documentation should I bring to court to prove that I’ve
paid it?

Asked on November 27, 2018 under General Practice, Oregon


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 1 year ago | Contributor

Bring a receipt or print out from the CA court's online service, showing receipt of payment (You have to print it out; some courts will not look at anything on a device, only at hardcopy.) And bring something proving that you paid the money: a credit card statement, a cancelled check, a bank statement showing an electronic transfer, etc.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.