What options does an injured person have after he was involved in accident while working his job, between sheriffs and failure to stop other driver?

A man working for delivery truck company gets into accident while working, when
sheriffs/CHP chasing a failure to stop other driver slams into the worker’s truck
causing him hospitalization? I know the sheriffs/chp are covered legally doing
there job, but who covers the worker? The worker’s company? And what happens
if still has pains/injury after the company says he can work again. What other
options does he has?

Asked on August 17, 2018 under Accident Law, California


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 2 years ago | Contributor

The worker's company is not liable or responsible for a car accident in which they simply were not at fault. If the company has worker's compensation, the worker would be entitled to   money or compensation from it, becasue worker's comp does not depend on fault--all it matters is that the injury occured on the job. But without worker's comp, the worker would have to sue, and you can only sue and get money from someone who was at fault--which would not be the employer.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.