What legal forms do I need to complete to be listed on my mom’s mortgage deed as tenants in common, so I may assume the loan upon her death?

I share a house with my 81 year old mother; the home is in her name only. I am listed as beneficiary in the Will but would like to be listed as tenants in common, so that I may assume the mortgage loan. What do we need to do to get my name on the deed as tenants in common to avoid having to sell the house upon her death?

Asked on February 26, 2012 under Real Estate Law, Texas


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.