What legal action can I take to compel a trustee to release funds from an estate for which all of the beneficiaries have signed off on the accounting?

Asked on December 2, 2013 under Estate Planning, Oregon


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

If the trustee of the trust that you are a beneficiary in refuses to release monies that should be released to those that are owed them, your recourse is to consult with a Wills and Trust attorney to first write a demand letter to the trustee and if that does not get what you want, file a petition with the court to compel the money's release and for attorney's fees against the trustee.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.