What kind of lawyer do I need if I was in an accident but was not injured but have signifiacnt damages to my vehicle and it was the other party’s fault?

I was in an collision where the other party damaged the passenger side of my vehicle with their work truck. I contacted the other parties insurance and I was asked for a recorded statement but I’m not sure of the do’s and don’ts when dealing with the other parties insurance company.

Asked on April 14, 2017 under Accident Law, Texas


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

It will be difficult to find an attorney to represent you because you were not injured in the accident; however, you may want to discuss the case with an attorney who handles auto accidents.
It is standard operating procedure for the opposing party's insurance company to take your recorded statement.
If your property damage (cost of repairs to your vehicle) is settled with the opposing party's insurance carrier, NO lawsuit is filed.
If you are dissatisfied with the settlement offers, reject them and file a lawsuit for negligence against the at-fault party. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.