What is the procedure for filing in small claims court against a business owner when I’m an out of state business owner?

I’m a business owner who is owed $12,000 from a company that placed orders months ago but which has not paid. I already sent them a letter of demand last month. Rather than go after the company as a whole, I’d like to name the business owner as the defendant.

Asked on March 9, 2012 under Bankruptcy Law, Pennsylvania


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.