What is the best visa for a foreign person to work in the U.S?

I am working on an OPT after I finished my master degree. My OPT will expire on March 16th, 2018. I have a job offer from a different company and they want me to work with them for a long period of time. They want me to work from home. I am planning to leave the U.S in November 2018 and work from my country Saudi Arabia. I only need a visa to let me work until November 2018. The new Job requires International employee because it is about Cultural exchange for schools. The company wants my connection in my country to provide more businesses for them. Do you think EB-2-3-4 will work or there is no option for me to work until I receive H1B approval in October?

Asked on December 20, 2017 under Immigration Law, California


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

EB2/3/ is not a work visa option; it is a way to obtain a green card, which will take about 2 years, on average.  You can continue working on the OPT for the company and if the position qualifies, you may be able to extend the OPT.  The H1-B will be the fastest option in your case to get a work visa beyond the OPT, if your petition is selected in the H-1B lottery in April.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.