What is statute of limition on drugs charges from 26 years ago if I haven’t paid all of my restitution?

Asked on October 23, 2013 under Criminal Law, Nevada


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

It may be barred but I would have an attorney review your criminal record and see if he or she can find this matter in the court archives to see if it even appears and if it has long since been erased. I wouldn't mess with this. If it shows up on an FBI check, then chances are something occurred. You need to ensure all of this is cleared up, even if it means paying the remainder of the restitution.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.