What is a writ of execution notice?

I got this from collection agency against myself with my bank listed as a garnishee. Also, my debit card is being declined on everything. How do I remedy this situation? I want to pay this in payments I just don’t know how.

Asked on June 4, 2012 under Bankruptcy Law, Pennsylvania


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

A notice of a writ of execution to you is notice that the person or entity that has a judgment against you had levied upon your bank account and taken your money as partial or full payment on the judgment you owe.

The way to remedy the situation is to pay off the judgment that you owe in full and get a full satisfaction of it or enter into a monthly payment plan with the judgment creditor and keep to it until the judgment is paid in full.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.