what if I can’t afford a lawyer but really need the assistance?

We can’t afford a lawyer but need one desperatly is there any way we can get the help we need with our home?

Asked on June 15, 2009 under Real Estate Law, Arizona


L.M., Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Some attorneys are doing real estate work for foreclosure and loan modification assistance pro bono now.  Contact your local bar association and see if they can give you some names.  Otherwise, contact some larger real estate law firms and ask if they do pro bono work.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.