What happens if you are moving and recieved a notice that your minor child is going to have a delinquency hearing?

I am moving to Kansas from OK and got notice that my son is supposed to have a delienquency hearing. There is no date of when the hearing might be and am supposed to leave in just a few days

Asked on May 19, 2009 under Accident Law, Oklahoma


J.V., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Your son would be responsible to attend the hearing, your moving does not change the fact that he will be scheduled for a hearing. You can always call and inquire as to the date of the hearing to find out specifically when it is being held

you also may want to contact a local attorney to see if the laws in your state will allow for the attorney to appear without your son. If so you may be better served paying for the attorney to appear than to return yourself with your son

But in short yes he would need to appear but as i said make a phone call and see if someone can appear on your behalf

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.